Thursday, June 11, 2009

Updates

I feel like Sarah Plain and Tall in my work clothes.  Long peasant skirts, ill fitting blouses.  If I stay here too long I worry I'll wake up one morning and be one of those 50 year old women with braids.  I think Thailand is going to kill my sense of style entirely.  I wear the mormon outfits to work and then I come back to my guesthouse and put on more choice ensembles.  (usually something in the variety of maternity wear.) 

My outfits however are highly rivaled by the husband and wife duo I have come to call "the copy twins."  At Payap (where I work) there are various xerox stations around campus where we bring our materials to be copied. The one I've started use is run by a husband and wife team (adorable.) The best thing about them though is that they wear matching outfits every day.  Today they wore jeans and white and blue plaid tops. I will keep you posted on the costume changes.  

The other thing that has been dominating my days is the apartment hunt. I, along with the three people I've been traveling and staying with, set out every day after work following every lead possible.  It's still a no go.  Yesterday we looked at an unfurnished house on the border of the women's prison.  This is about as successful as we've been.  

The other massive update is that I realized why people have been giving me strange looks when I said what I thought to be "thank you."  Apparently what I've been saying translates to, "thank you leg." 

Over and out. 

2 comments: