Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Night

Me on my birthday eating birthday cake on a bamboo raft at a nearby reservoir. 


A scene I could not resist. 




Water bottles that sit next to my desk at work




Me in Chiang Mai



A wat in the old city 

Hello everyone! 
A had a lovely weekend.  Filled with walking around, trying out new bars and restaurants and practicing Thai in the new little workbook that I bought.  One odd moment.  I went to buy a drying rack today to dry my laundry (I did laundry successfully!) and they gave me a complimentary cheese grater.  This is one of those frequent moments during which I wish I spoke Thai.  Why was I being given a cheese grater? What did this have to do with the drying rack and hamper that I purchased? Yet another moment during which I just smile and say thank you and have absolutely no idea what is going on.

But the purpose of this post is not to regale my weekend tales it is to post some pictures, finally.  They are obviously above! 
Until soon!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. You look like you're having a great time! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete