Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday

Today the copy twins wore tan.  Yesterday I wore an outfit that prompted the head of the English Department to say to me from her 4 foot stance, "now you look like a real teacher."  This slightly concerns me as I never really want to look like a real teacher.  As she said this I had an instant flashback to a student in my Conversation class say to me earlier the day before, "Ajarn Elena, you have chalk on your butt." Maybe I do look like a real teacher.  

For your reading pleasure I've decided to include a few fun facts that I've picked up over my week and a half (I can't believe it's only been a week and a half....) in Thailand. 

1) There are 3800 7-elevens in Thailand 
2) Chiang Mai translates to "the new walled city."  Chiang Mai was founded in 1296 which makes me wonder about the "the old walled city." 
3) My frizz in Thailand is out of control
4) Food is eaten with a spoon and a fork.  This is not a chopstick land. 
5) There is more Winnie the Pooh in my daily life here than there has ever been or ever will be. 

Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. I went to say happy birthday to Alex on facebook, at which point I stumbled onto your comment and then your profile and then your blog link. It was a very exciting trip.

    Am adding this to my list of reads! Sounds like you're settling in great, Ajarn E...

    ReplyDelete