Monday, June 22, 2009

Post Script

I'm feeling a little guilty about my last post because I feel like it sounds like I'm making fun of their English.  I'm really not! I love my students and I commend them for how hard they are trying to learn and how much they already know.  If I were to write a skit in Thai it would read something like this: 

Elena: Hello! How are you? Chicken, pork, rice, water. 1, 2, 3, 17.  The mall.  Thank you! It's alright.

Those are all the words I know.  Tomorrow I start my Thai lessons. 

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. Your skit just hit the spot. Also, its much better than mine, which would be "Hello. Spicy? Thank you!" Except you can't ask questions in Thai just by raising your voice, so it would be more like "Hello Spicy." Yes, Thai lessons are definitely in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena,
    Don't feel bad. For my entire 7th Grade at Citrus Grove Elementary, I was "Alina," because that's how the teachers pronounced my name, and I didn't know how to correct them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe i'll name the baby Liew - Liew Milou? kinda cute...why did you learn to say 17? Hello 17 chickens?

    ReplyDelete