Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

After a 2 week Asian hiatus I have returned, now with the gueststars of Selina and her boyfriend Mason. The holidays in Switzerland were my first forray into the West since June and oh the succulent delicacies I have forgotten I even missed. Cheese, breads, toilet paper in bathrooms, napkins on tables, tap water and edible meats. The sweet sweet Western world.

But here I am back in my Eastern home relishing the bits of all that is uniquely Thailand. Already in only the last 24 hours I have been approached after leaving the bathroom stall by another teacher who asked me if I was "able to perform in there." Have been told by a 24 year old student that his New Years Resolution is to be "a good boy." And have been laughed at by my old woman landlady for my mere existence.

It's good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you gals intensely. Hope your having lots of fun. Love love love. And I hope Mason hasn't killed himself at camp yet.

    ReplyDelete