Sunday, February 21, 2010

Autobiography

I only have one more week of teaching. I am prematurely nostalgic and doing things like taking pictures of my students as they walk in the classroom. This past week in conversation we did a unit on autobiography. They had to write my biography (or what they guessed to be my biography) as well as their own autobiographies. This may sound like a personal excercise in narcissim but, hey, I keep a blog.

Some excerpts from my biography.

"Her father is a General who was the leader of American Army that fought in Iraq. His name is Osama Sheppard." very close.

"She was teacher in Payap University, Thailand. Many students love her because she is kind. When she come back to her country her students were cried and do not want to say goodbye. In Newyork, she broken heart so many time but, now she found true love with engineer."

"She was a police, it seems like she born to be a police. She got a medal of bracy from the president of U.S. because she was fight with the robber and she lost her arm. When she retire from her job. She lived in Hawaii with John and no movement forever."

If I could only be so lucky. And keep my arm.

My students autobiographies were much more than I could have hoped for from a Friday afternoon quiz.
Read on:

"I have a boyfriend since I study high school. We have a dream to have a happy life together."

"And the most important for my family we usually give the best feeling and take care together and my husband honest to me every time. Oh! It is a wonderful life. Filled with love and filled with happiness."

"My name is Thi, I'm a housewife. Now, I am 50 year old. I'm be grandmother! Oh! It's so very fast! I have 2 children and 6 grand children. I'm very happy with my life. I'm very old now so I just stay home with my husband."

"Every Sunday I will have a small party in my house. My husband still promis me that he will love me and he will live with me and family forever."

"I don't know how does my life will go on but one thing that I'm sure is I will travel around the world with my girlfriend until the age of 100."

"Now I have a plan to move to California, spend the rest that I have with my wife. Living simply and happy life are only what I want now."

"My wife is _______. I love her so much because before I saw and spent time with her I broken heart many time and when I saw her and spent time with her I feel she is right for me. She is real love for me. She is sincere and honest with me. I'm very happy with my family."

"I'm famous barista for 10 years. Everyone love to drink a cup of coffee that I made....We are planning to travel to Disney Land in Hong Kong and Japan after my children graduated from University. We will see Mickey and Minnie then I will take photo and hug them."

"I have 3 son which I love them a lot first one is name Twenty second is Thirty and last is Fourty."

"I am Peggy. When I fifty year old. This time I look very old woman. I have gray hair. My family are happy because we stay together in big house that my son bought...I cannot know about the future how long I can stay with them just today we live togeher and make every day happy. That ok."

That ok.

2 comments: