Tuesday, December 1, 2009

With Love from China

I had my Chinese students write mock letters home to tell their families about their study abroad experience. The lovely part about being an American in Asia is that everyone thinks you are mind-numbingly attractive even when you're not. The following quotes are either how the Chinese students see me or how they think they will be able to get good grades from me. A +'s for everybody!

"Our teacher's name is Elena. She is very nice and very good teacher. She just only 22 years. She is very very beautiful teacher."

"In our English class we have a good-looking teacher. She comes from America and her eye is very beautiful."

"She is high and thin. She just only 22 years old just like my sister. When we at her class we always feel free and happy."

"She's very beautiful and lovely. We love her very much."

"She gave me a good English name, which calls Julia. I admire her because she has herself work she can makes money by herself."

"I like her voice."

At the end of their letters the students all address their parents in just about the cutest ways possible.

"Dear parents. don't worry about me. I will study hard and take care myself. I hope you can take care yourself too."

"I've got used to everything here now. And whenever i take difficulty, my classmates will extend their warm hands to me. So don't worry too much about me. I can manage myself. After all, I'm an adult now."

"At last, I hope you keep healthy and work with smile every day!"

"I know China is cold so you must be careful. Health is very important."

"I will try my best do everything. I believe everything is possible. I believe I can create the miracle. I will success. Please believe me."

"The last, I will give you my best wish."


My best wish.

3 comments:

  1. That's my daughter, high and thin. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. And luckily for you, your students are right about you - your eye is indeed very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me feel both free and happy as well.

    ReplyDelete